WHICH ONE ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR?
• If you are 60 years of age or older, then you can only have the AstraZeneca vaccine
• If you have had your first dose of AstraZeneca already then you need to have this again for your booster (regardless of your age).
• If you are aged 18-59 and want the AstraZeneca vaccine, you need a consultation (which will be bulk-billed) with a Burwood Healthcare GP to discuss and gain consent before we can book your vaccination. Please book an appointment online by CLICKING HERE.
• If you are 40-59 years of age, you are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine.
• If you are 16-39 years of age and want the Pfizer vaccine, you need to check your eligibility using the following link: CLICK HERE
• If you are 16-39 AND eligible, you will need to provide proof of your eligibility when you attend for your Pfizer vaccine.
Speak to one of our GPs today for queries and concerns about COVID -19. Book online by CLICKING HERE to arrange a telephone consultation.
CLICK HERE to see your eligibility for COVID 19 Vaccine
Who will Receive the Vaccine and When?
Burwood Healthcare will contact patients to let them know when they can make an appointment for a vaccination. Please ensure your contact numbers are up to date. Patients will be contacted at different times according to eligibility for a vaccination. The process is coordinated by the Australian Federal Government and will occur in three (3) phases:
- Phase 1a is scheduled to commence in February, and will immunise frontline healthcare workers, quarantine workers, and Nursing Home residents and staff. Burwood Healthcare will not be involved in Phase 1a.
- Phase 1b is scheduled to commence in March, and will include people over the age of 70, Indigenous people over the age of 55, people with an underlying medical condition, health care workers, and critical workers (i.e., police). Burwood Healthcare has been approved to be a vaccination centre for Phase 1b, Phase 2a and Phase 2b.
- Phase 2a will immunise people aged 50 to 69, and Indigenous people aged 18-54.
- Phase 2b will immunise the rest of the adult population.
- Phase 3 will immunise minors under 16 if recommended.
Please note that this information and timelines may change. We will endeavour to keep this information as up-to-date as possible.
For more information please see the below useful links: